Linda Richardson and Friends
An evening of song by the UK’s top opera singers.
Soprano - Linda Richardson, Mezzo Soprano - Antonia Sotgiu, Tenor - Adam Smith, Baritone - Craig Smith, Pianist - Robin Humphreys
- 5:00pm Pre-concert Early Bird meal at La Casa Mia (not included in the ticket)
Why not make an evening of it and book your pre-concert dinner at La Casa Mia who are kindly helping to sponsor the concert series
- 6:30pm Doors open
- 7:00: Spotlight Concert
Music performed by talented young people from Sandbach
- 7:30 Intermission
Art Exhibition by Sandbach Photographic Society
- 8:00 Main Concert
- Habanera from Carmen by Bizet
- Pieta Rispetto Amore from Macbeth by Verdi
- Song to the moon from Rusalka by Dvorak
- Soave sia il vento from Cosi fan Tutte by Mozart
- Mon Coeur s'ouvre a ta voix from Samson et Dalila by Saint-Saens
- La ci darem from Don Giovanni by Mozart
- Vissi d'arte from Tosca by Puccini
- Votre Toast from Carmen by Bizet
- Cat Duet by Rossini
- Some Enchanted Evening from South Pacific by Rodgers and Hammerstein
- Vilja Song from The Merry Widow Lehar
- Somewhere from West Side Story by Bernstein
- The Impossible Dream from The man of la Mancha by Leigh
- You'll Never Walk Alone from Carousel by Rodgers and Hammerstein
Linda Richardson was born in Cheshire and studied at the Royal Northern College of Music, where she was a Peter Moores Foundation Scholar and winner of the Frederic Cox Award, and then at the National Opera Studio.
An English National Opera Company Principal between 1997 and 2005, her roles there included Virtue The Coronation of Poppea, Fiordiligi Così fan tutte, Lauretta Gianni Schicchi, Micaela Carmen, Gretel Hansel and Gretel, Gilda Rigoletto, Zerlina Don Giovanni, Sophie Der Rosenkavalier, Mimi La Bohème, title roles The Fairy Queen and Alcina, Violetta La Traviata, Woglinde Rhinegold, Helena A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Donna Anna Don Giovanni. Elsewhere she has sung Karolka Jenufa, Mimi, Nanetta Falstaff, Pamina Die Zauberflöte Countess Marriage of Figaro, Violetta La Travata Gilda Rigoletto with Opera North, Lisetta La Vera Constanza at Garsington, Norina Don Pasquale for Clonter Opera, Fairy Queen in Barcelona, First Niece Peter Grimes at Netherlands Opera, Amina La Sonnambula Mimi La Boheme and Alice Falstaff for Opera Holland Park.
Linda performs extensively on the oratorio and concert platform, and is a frequent recitalist. She appeared as Annie in Jonathan Dove’s TV opera When She Died on Channel 4. Recordings include Hearts and Flowers, a collection of Victorian Parlour Songs, and Oscar Un Ballo in Maschera for Chandos.
Most recent and current plans include, Katya Kabanova with ETO, Alice Falstaff and Cio-Cio San Madame Butterfly Longborough Festival Opera, Mrs Coyle Owen Wingrave Nuremburg International Music chamber Festival, Violetta Scottish Opera and for WNO Anna Anna Bolena, Violetta Traviata, Almaltea Moses in Egitto and in autumn 2015 Elvira I Puritani